Supporting Young People with Potential and Vision
Supporting young people with potential and vision is the goal at PFH. In order to attract the most promising talents to the university, PFH has launched several scholarship programmes for campus students. These not only provide financial relief, but also open up special perspectives. You can apply for the following scholarships:
The programme, initiated by the government in 2011, supports students who have demonstrated the promise of outstanding achievements in their studies and careers. One half is financed by the federal government and the other half by private donors (companies, NGOs, and private individuals).
The concept of achievement on which the scholarship is based is deliberately broad: good grades and academic achievements are just as much a part of it as the willingness to assume responsibility or the successful mastering of obstacles in one's own life and education. The scholarship holders receive the income-independent grant of 300 euros per month for two semesters within their standard period of study, so that they can successfully focus on their higher education (see also the federal website www.deutschlandstipendium.de/deutschlandstipendium/de/services/english/english_node.html).
The federal government and committed sponsors (companies) each fund half of the scholarship. A contribution of 150 euros a month thus enables companies to support the training of excellent new blood for businesses and organisations. PFH selects the scholarship holders in a transparent procedure according to defined criteria and organises the funding. The commitment to a scholarship applies for two semesters at a time and is then re-assessed by PFH. A funding duration over the entire standard period of study is the target.
Apply now at PFH!
You will receive an invitation to apply via your PFH-mail address approximately six weeks before the application deadline. Only then will the online application form be activated.
What you need to know
Apply from the 2nd semester of your studies
Scholarship sum: EUR 300 per month for a period of one year
Who can apply?
Prospective students and all students of all nationalities of the PFH Private University of Applied Sciences. You must be enrolled at the PFH by April 1st or October 1st and for at least two more semesters within your standard period of study at the beginning of the funding period.
For further questions please contact our career service team
Deutschlandstipendium (Germany Scholarship).
- Do I need to pay back the Germany Scholarship? No.
- I am not enrolled at the PFH yet. Can I still apply? If you start your studies at the PFH on April 1st or October 1st of a year, you can apply in the period directly before the start of your studies.
- I am studying via distance learning/doing a Master’s degree/second degree. Can I also apply? Yes.
- I have received the Germany Scholarship before. Can I apply again? Yes, you can re-apply. It is crucial that the previous funding period has ended by the time the new funding begins. Overlapping funding from the Germany Scholarship is not possible.
- How is my funding made up? All scholarship holders receive financial support of 300 euros per month for one year. Private sponsors (companies, organizations, foundations, associations or private individuals) pay 150 euros.
- How many scholarship awards are there per selection round? Depending on the sponsors, the number of grants varies every round.
As a Germany Scholarship holder, you are also part of a network and can benefit from contacts in practice. In this way, the Germany Scholarship offers more than just financial support.
- Arbeitgeberverband Mitte e.V.
- GWG Gesellschaft für Wirtschaftsförderung und Stadtentwicklung Göttingen mbH
- KiK Textilien und Non-Food GmbH
- KWS Saat AG Lookfamed GmbH
- Malerbetrieb Hinkelmann
- Medi GmbH & Co. KG.
- OneJoon GmbH
- Ottobock SE&Co GGaA
- POCO Einrichtungsmärkte GmbH
- Sartorius AG Streifeneder
- ortho.production GmbH
Federal government and companies provide financial assistance to above-average university entrance qualification holders - also at PFH
Criteria for inclusion in the scholarship programme are:
- (Study) achievements
- Extracurricular commitment (voluntary work, political as well as social commitment)
- Awards and prizes
- Successful mastering of obstacles in one’s own life and education
PFH is awarding ten full scholarships at the Göttingen Campus and the Hansecampus Stade for refugees affected by the war in Ukraine. "We are deeply dismayed by the war in Ukraine - and we don't know how long Russia's war of aggression will last. And although we sincerely hope that refugees from Ukraine will soon be allowed to return to peace and freedom, we would like to give refugee students the opportunity to continue or begin their higher education at PFH," explains Prof. Dr. Frank Albe, President of PFH. "In this way, PFH wants to give continuity and perspective to young people from Ukraine who have no future prospects in their own country."
In addition to a guest student programme for refugees, PFH offers a total of ten full scholarships in English language Master's degree programmes:
Five scholarships in Göttingen:
Five scholarships in Stade in the field of Technology
- Digitalization and Automation, M.Sc.
- Industrial Engineering, M.Sc.
- New Mobility - Micromobility, M.Sc.
- Lightweight Engineering and Composites, M.Sc.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds the STIBET-Programme with funds by the Federal Foreign Office. The International Office of PFH offers scholarships for study completion and scholarships for social engagement to qualified international students of PFH.
Scholarship for Social Engagement*
Apply from the second semester of your studies
Scholarship sum: EUR 730 (one-time)
*Yearly changes may apply
The DAAD Prize has been awarded for over ten years now and aims to put a face to the many international students at German universities and link them with their stories. Having been a recipient of the DAAD Prize can be of great advantage when beginning a professional career.
What you need to know
Apply from the 2nd semester of your studies
Award amount: EUR 1,000 (one-time)
The following scholarships may also be interesting for you. Please note that if you are already receiving a talent and performance-based scholarship, you cannot additionally receive a Germany Scholarship.
- Erasmus Scholarship Programmes
- Friedrich-Ebert Stiftung
- Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Konrad-Adenauer Stiftung
Questions - always welcome
- Call +49 551 54700453
- WhatsApp Chat +49 172 2644144
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org