Information on studying in Germany
Request Free Information

Information on studying in Germany

Before starting your course of studies in Germany, many things need to be considered. Here are some important tips and helpful links.




Citizens from non-EU countries need a visa to enter Germany. The Embassies and General Consulates (foreign representations) of the Federal Republic of Germany are responsible for issuing visas. For your study period at PFH, you must apply for a “visa for study purposes” (student visa). To apply, you need a confirmation of acceptance from PFH. Student visas are usually issued for three to six months. As soon as you are in Germany, you must then apply for a residence title at the Immigration Office. Citizens of EU States do not need a visa.


The German Embassy or Consulate in your home country will give you all the relevant information relating to the visa application. You will find the addresses of all German foreign representation offices as well as detailed information about the current visa requirements for your country on the website of the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany.



Health Insurance

Foreign students are obligated to take out health insurance in Germany. In order to register, you have to present a health insurance certificate. Please organise your health insurance in Germany in good time before your study stay. Tips on the topic of health insurance are available, for example, from the German Student Services Association (Deutsches Studentenwerk) on their website for international students.




If you want to study in Göttingen, we can apply for a furnished room in a residence at the Student Services Association in Göttingen. The application is non-binding and free of charge. If you don’t want to stay in dormitories, private housing is also available. Please use following links to look for private rooms:


More information, the application form and private accommodation are available via the links on the following pages: